Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Noose

Somebody hung a noose from a tree on our campus this morning. I went to my first class at 8am, and my teacher finished early and let us out around 845am. The campus was still fairly empty then. I went back to my room and one of my friends texted me around 915am saying that there was noose hanging from one of the trees. I walked out to where he said and there it was. There were a lot more people out now and people were walking around like they didnt see it there or something. Today is a historical day and represents so much change but the ignorance and foolishness displayed this morning shows how far back some people are. Obama represents change in so many ways and no matter what anyone does to him or to try to blemish today the statement has been made. We are standing up as people and making progress and showing that we are equal citizens. Try as you may to discourage us but the seed has been planted and is growing in the minds of our people, and you cant stunt that growth. Understand that this is not all about black and white either, its about unity. Obama means a lot to us as African Americans, but we should be able to just say Americans. Lets all come together and make a difference. And the noose situation still hurts me because people hate us for reasons beyond our control and for reasons they probably dont even understand themselves. But its okay. "They dont hate me, they hate God, I aint make me"-Jay Electronica

35oz is the difference. A ki, a key. Crack changed America in the 80s and we're here to reverse it.

No comments: